Valentines this year is certainly going to look very different. Ever since we started to have children we have incorporated them into our valentines celebrations, after all it’s a day to celebrate love, but this year we are almost certainly spending it at home. I’m a sucker for a picnic, though my husband doesn’t always share my love for sitting on the damp grass and letting bugs walk on your food 🙂 So this year I’ve met him halfway, and planned an “indoor” picnic with easy to cook recipes all done in my trusty Instant Pot.
The first is a winner for every entertaining event. Whether it’s a picnic, a game night or just a casual weekend with friends these sweet siracha flavoured chicken wings are sure to become your go to recipe for easy entertaining.
Sweet Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 kg chicken wings
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 TBLSP Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp Minced Ginger
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- sesame seeds to garnish
- spring onion to garnish
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper and combine the honey, Sriracha, ginger and garlic to marinade. Leave on for 2 hours before hand if possible.
- Add a cup of water into your Instant Pot and add the trivet stand. Put the marinated meat on top of the trivet.
- Close Pot with Lid, seal and set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Take the wings out and brush with any leftover marinade, transfer to a baking sheet and grill for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of dip and a sprinkle of sesame seed and chopped up spring onion.
For dessert I’ve picked one of my all time favourites, though I honestly couldn’t decide between these delectable chocolate lava pots or the white chocolate and vanilla pot du creme I made previously. Both are perfectly in tune for a day of love.
Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 110 grams dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a glass bowl in the microwave,at 30 second intervals. After 30 seconds, stop, mix and pop in again until all melted and combined.
- In a large bowl add 2 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks, ¼ cup castor sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly mix the melted butter into the egg and sugar mixture
- Fold in flour and vanilla extract
- Pour into buttered ramekin dishes
- Add in one cup of water to your instant pot and place trivet stand inside. Place chocolate filled ramekin dishes inside (you should fit 3 at the bottom on at the top).
- Close Lid and seal, set to high pressure for 8 minutes (I think I did 9 in the end) and quick pressure release.
- Lift lid carefully off taking care not to spill condensation onto cakes.
- You can either serve immediately or refrigerate until needed (and then warm up)
- Dust with a little icing sugar and cocoa powder.
Let me know if you try these recipes and how you will be spending Valentines Day with your loved ones!
** These recipes were written in collaboration with Instant Pot South Africa.**