Is there anything more comforting then a big bowl of luxurious butternut soup? Its one of the most simple soups to make, get it wrong and it can be bland as anything but get it right, like this one, and its silky, smooth ,slightly sweet and full of flavor !
- 2 good sized knobs of butter
- Equal amounts of cut up Butternut (500g) and Sweet Potato (I typically use 1 large butternut/1 pkt pre cut and then eyeball the sweet potato to match the butternut amount.
- Half an Onion diced
- About 1/2 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- Chicken Stock (enough to cover the butternut and sweet potato, I normally use about 1 litre.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 green chillie
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- Heat the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and sauté for 30 seconds. Add in garlic and chilli until fragrant.
- Add in cubed butternut and sweet potato and cover with chicken stock
- Boil until butternut and potato are soft and then blend with a hand processor until silky smooth
- Add in salt and pepper to taste as well as the heavy cream (or coconut cream dependent on what you have
Serve with fresh bread or rolls, we love the knotted heat and eat rolls from Woolworths! There are so many variations of butternut soup, but this is our favourite. Classic, warm and absolutely satisfying. How do you make yours?