Is there anything better then a freshly baked cookie? I am a sucker for a soft, chewy cookie, add in my favourite chocolate treat and I’m in heaven. Whether its classic choc chip, Cadbury chocolate cookies, or good old M&M’s, cookies are a favourite to make (and eat) in our house. These soft, chewy, chocolate filled cookies taste like they came straight from a top baker and are utterly addictive!
- 227 grams butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup M&M’s (or one cup M&M’s and one cup choc chips)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper or a silicon mat.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Next add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the M&M’s. Refrigerate dough for about 10 minutes. (This is the secret to a chew center)
- Scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet, using the either an ice cream scoop or a teaspoon and form into a ball shape. Place extra M&M’s on top.
- Bake M&M cookies for 8-10 minutes, until tops are just golden. Leave to set on the tray for about a minute and then transfer onto your tray to cool
You cant have too many M&M’s in them. Initially I was a little stingy, wanted to spread out them out evenly, as I got towards the end though, I realised the more M&M’s the better! These cookies are thick and chewy, yet super soft on the inside with beautifully crisp edges. You can swap out one cup of M&Ms for chocolate chips if you like, but I double dosed on my colourful candies 🙂